The Princeton Dissertation Scholars Program, launched by the Mamdouha S. Bobst Center for Peace and Justice in 2021, offers financial and mentorship support for Ph.D. students enrolled in political science programs outside of Princeton University who have completed their course and exam requirements. Accepted applicants will receive research grants of up to $12,000 for their dissertation research. Research topics have to relate to the Center’s themes of peace and justice and can be in any subfield of political science. The program will give priority to applicants enrolled at institutions that do not offer similar grants to their Ph.D. students.
The program will give priority to applicants enrolled at institutions that do not offer similar grants to their Ph.D. students.
Applications are due on November 1, 2022.
Applicants will be notified in January 2023.
At the time of application students must:
- Be enrolled in a political science Ph.D. program based in the United States.
- Have at least one advisor who can support their application.
- Have completed all preliminary degree requirements, including having passed comprehensive exams and their dissertation prospectus defense.
All applications must include the following:
- A curriculum vitae (be sure to include qualifications/training that speak to the applicant’s ability to carry out the proposed research)
- A 300-word summary of the research project
- A detailed research proposal (up to 3,500 words) and budget following this Research Proposal Template and Budget Template
- Documentation of a submitted or approved IRB application (this applies only to research involving human subjects)
- Statement of institutional support
- Advisor support form
- Advisor support letter (advisors will be prompted via automated email to supply their letter of recommendation when you submit your application). Please notify your advisor that their support letter will be due on November 1.
Please ensure that all supporting documents are complete and ready BEFORE beginning the application. The application must be completed in one sitting. You will not have the opportunity to save and come back at a later time.
Complete the form below to apply.